Policy No: 1.6.5.06
Responsibility: Faculty Deans
Date approved by Senate: 22 April 2009
Date last amended: -
Date for next review: September 2010
The Faculty Research Committee is required to manage the postgraduate and research (including research ethics) interests of the Faculty.
• Dean of Faculty (or nominee) – Chair
• Heads of School from within the Faculty
• A representative from the Library
• A Postgraduate Research (Masters or PhD) student representative.
• Administrative Assistant (Secretariat)
3. Terms of Reference
- To work towards nurturing a strong and dynamic postgraduate student culture within the Faculty and to support and contribute to the expansion of the University's research culture
- To develop, oversee and monitor processes for the effective implementation of postgraduate studies policy and good practice.
- To develop, recommend to the University Research Committee, and regularly review policy that supports the University’s strategic objectives in relation to postgraduate studies.
- To record and monitor the ongoing progress of all postgraduate students in the Faculty.
- To receive, consider and facilitate research proposals and other forms of research applications from staff members of the Faculty, particularly with regard to the ethical appropriateness of proposals under the University Ethics Policy.
- To receive, consider and facilitate research proposals from postgraduate students, particularly with regard to the ethical appropriateness of proposals under the University Ethics Policy.
- To initiate enquiries into misuse of research funds and refer any anomalies to the appropriate authorities.
- To provide an annual report on its activities.
The Faculty Research Committee shall meet twice per semester.